Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things to Think About

Well things are going well for exception of my training. I haven't put in the time or milege I really need to put in to pick up my speed. Things have been so crazy and it's tough to put in any miles when it's still cold and rainy outside. My energy levels are awful, by 10:00 am I'm so tired, I'm falling asleep. I've also had a ton of things on my mind. My fundraising goal is going well, I spoke with TNT and they are transferring the $ that I raised for Hartford since I wasn't able to complete it because of my surgery. So with that and $ I sent in recently little over 1/2 way there YIPPEE!!!.

I just got a call from my dad, terrible news is that he got laid off from his job. He is 72 and has Parkinsons Disease. I can't believe he still worked to this day, and he's upset because he can't work. I wish I was closer to help him. He no longer can take physical therapy due to his insurance will not cover him due to a limit plus the cost of his co-pays were expensive...so he's back in a walker and needs a scooter which he doesn't have the $ for. I'm hoping that I can some how help him, but I don't know how. I do plan to visit him in Summer. I miss him dearly, my dad has always worked so hard and never ever complained. I want him to feel better so he can get around. I want him to enjoy his later years in life and not worry about taking care and providing for a family. I'm going to try my best to work hard to do something for him after my 1/2 marathon... My dad deserves it.

Well I'm hoping that my training week will go much better next week. I really need to find the time to do this. Happy running to everyone.. and if you can, on a practice run.. run a mile for my dad. ;D

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Great news on the fundraising! But sorry to hear about your dad getting laid off. I know some guys, like my husband, who will always find it necessary to be working in some capacity or else they'd go crazy. And certainly health benefits are a good reason to do so as health care is so expensive nowadays. I hope he can find a way to get what he needs soon and that your energy levels return!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear about the TNT money raising...let me know how I can contribute.

Sorry to hear about your father, I sure hope he finds something else to put his energy into.