Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back To Routine

Well this week my kids had the entire week off, trying to keep them entertained was another story. For now on, I know what they like, to roller skate. There is a local roller rink that opens when the kids are off from school for a few hours a day during the entire week they are off on vacation. I got the greatest workout ever roller skating and it was alot of fun too. Wore my kids out hee hee...wait... I wore my kids out (Okay now isn't it suppose to be the other way around?)

It was great having them home for a week, but I had more fun spending time with them and having fun. My little guy read his books, my older son did his vacation home work packet, now finally they are back to school tommorrow. I'll miss them, but looking forward to going back to a normal routine. I'll have a bit more time to put in for training to prepare for my 1/2 Marathon in June. I was able to at least do a my first 7.36 miles since my surgery :D (with a quick bio & drink break) took my time on that run and had some walk stops on the last mile, but all in all it was a good run.

I also discovered... I need new running shoes. The tops of my feet having been killing me even after relacing, and I never had that problem before. I decided I need to go another 1/2 up again when I look for a new pair, plus I put a few hundred miles on this pair. Let you know how I make out.

Happy training everyone lets hope for a the weather to get warm soon, the cold weather had been a bummer.

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

How funny that you wore them out rather than the other way around :-)

Great to hear you ran over 7 miles last weekend. I have to replace my running shoes every 300-400 miles.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the 1/2 marathon. Enjoy your kids while you can....I see all of my high school student's parents so upset when they actually graduate...where did the time go?