Monday, July 28, 2008

Great Weekend

Well I did a 4 mile run today, slower than normal, it could have been no morning coffee... I can't live without a cup hee hee. I also have been using my Heart Rate Monitor... I love it, so excited I have it and it's incredibly helpful. This weekend was alot alot of fun. I met some of the folks from Team in Training. They where very supportive and helpful. I really hope this all works out, we will see how this weekends fundraiser goes. Anyway to make a long story short, there was a beautiful trail we ran through. They have really fixed it up alot since I've been there 4 years ago. I have to take some pictures and make sure I post them. Tommorrow hopefully, anyway, we also went to a local baseball game (The Bluefish) minor league team here on Sunday in my town. It was alot of fun, we ended getting box seats which was nice, since it was kind of a rainy day yesterday. The game went 6 innings than they had to call the game off, :( First time in a box office seat, a waitress to bring us food and a air conditioned room with a TV. If you wanted to watch the game, open the door and sit outside. The only thing the food was a fortune. $12 for a six pack of canned soda LOL and I'm not going to even tell you how much money food was. Way Way to expensive. But we had a terrific time spending time with my hubbys sisters and their kids.

4 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear the team training is going well. I can't believe the price of that 6-pack!!

MarathonChris said...

Glad you are enjoying the new HRM and the team in training crowd. The game sounds like it was fun!

MarathonChris said...

I just made a contribution for your TNT run. Please run in memory of Brian Bouwens. Brian died just over 17 years ago from Neuroblastoma at the age of 4.

Also add Elijah Talley to your list to run in his honor. He is in a fight right now with Neuroblastoma. More information on his journey can be found at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elijahtalley

Run strong!

Tammy said...

Thanks Chris, I'll make sure the last mile is for them. I'll also put elijas website above for everyone to visit thanks again.