Saturday, July 18, 2009

Something Different

Well after my 1/2 marathon, I was extremely excited and wanted to do another race. Now, I'm finding less time to get in my training due to my boys being home for the summer. I use to run first thing in the morning after they went off to school, but now they are home, I can't exactly leave them home by themselves, they'll end up beating up on each other. Last week my body ached so bad, I decided to take a bit of a break, about a week. Well, today I went out for a nice short run, and if felt great. I figured I maintain and and get back into more training when they get back into school. I plan to start hitting the pool a bit more since it's finally getting warmer. Another goal that has taken off has been music which I'm very excited about. My husband and I are working on putting together a band, and also a friend of mine also wants me to sing on some of his originals. This is so exciting! Singing and writing has always been a big part of my life. I'm hoping I can get started on working on my friends originals so I can give the opportunity to all my blog buddies to hear what I sound like. I'll keep you posted when I'll be recording and hopefully let you all get a chance to listen to it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the music.

ShirleyPerly said...

Well, there'll never be a shortage of races so no need to worry about putting off training for one until it's convenient. In the meantime, that music adventure sounds fun. Look forward to hearing it too!