Monday, December 8, 2008

Winter Is Here

Well went out for my run today and it started out this morning with a lovely 17 degrees and a windchill of 6. I layered like crazy... I felt like a marshmallow, but I was warm and I ran my first 3.2 straight since my surgery. I wore my brand shoes and inserts and they felt pretty good.



















These are a picture of my new Saucony Trail Runners and my inserts.


They were great with the snow and ice (YES SNOW) on the ground today. I also got myself a two piece outfit.

Than of course my inserts made my feet even happier in them. My neuroma didn't bother me so much until the end. I decided to change my route today a bit... I decided to end my run on a nice big hill. Yes end on a hill. I did it, I figured I shouldn't avoid them if I'm going to prepared for my 1/2 in June with TNT. I heard there are a ton of hills.

This weekend was a bit of a disappointment, even though I did go out on Saturday, I wanted to do more, it was just a crazy weekend, we had a Christmas Party for the kids at the church and I got to help the kids sing some songs..... I have to admit I think they helped me out more.




I also volunteered to do a talent show at our church in April. I thought this year we collect food for the local food banks and also come up with a spring theme. Oh and my mentor for TNT, Fred, said there is a local group that prepares you for marathons starting in March. They start with 5K's and work their way up. He said if you complete the program they give you a metal, so I told him I was in.


Well, looks like I'm filling up my schedule and 2009 isn't here yet. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm very excited I know that this year will be much better.

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

So many positive vibes in this post! I'm incredibly impressed with anyone who can run in the snow, ice and freezing cold. Keep up the good work and be thankful for all you can do.

MarathonChris said...

Way to get out and run in that cold weather!!!! You are definitely "on your way!"