Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm Home

Well everyone my surgery was a success and I'm back and home wabbling around. The first few days of my surgery was a bit tough, the room kept spinning and I don't think I could have held down a sip of water if I wanted. Now I'm home doing more than I should, but I'm just starting to get use to the idea I have two tubes sticking out of me for three weeks and counting. It takes me forever to get ready, but at least I can move around the house. I've had a ton of help at home, and my boys have been more helpful than I could ever ask them to be.

My mentor(Fred) from Team and Training ran the ING 1/2 Marathon and dedicated 3 miles to me and my family and ran in for my friend Kevin as well. His personal record of 2:11 minutes. Fred and I will be heading a TNT booth for LLS on the 19th, so I'll let you know how that goes. Well everyone bye for now I should be back in a few short weeks, they did tell me when I left the hospital that I can't go running when I go home, well at least for now, soon in hopefully another month I should beable too.

3 comments:

MarathonChris said...

Just a few weeks of recovery and you will once more be On Your Way!!

ShirleyPerly said...

Glad to hear the surgery was a success! Rest up and recover. There'll be plenty of time to run when you're 100% again.

Tammy said...

:( just wish it was a few weeks more like 6 weeks. thanks for all the encouranging words.